Date: Wednesday 25 April 2012
Venue: Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, Westminster London SW1P 3RB.
Key speakers at the launch of the FDA's Union Learning Fund Professionalism in Public Delivery project are:
- Rowena Fletcher - head of professions and skills development, Civil Service Learning;
- Dave Penman - FDA deputy general secretary;
- Nick Skeet - key account director, Skills for Justice;
- Philip Wilson - chief psychologist and chief assessor, Civil Service Fast Stream.
Other speakers will include representatives from the TUC (unionlearn), universities and lead union learning reps.
Attending the launch will be civil servants, key stakeholders and senior managers from across this sector, and union learning reps (ULRs). There will be the opportunity to network and take part in breakout sessions (and visit stands) on the project's themes:
- supporting apprenticeships (unionlearn and NAS);
- learning centres;
- sector skills councils (Skills for Justice);
- digital inclusion (Race Online and unionlearn);
- green skills (TUC's Green Workplaces project);
- higher education (universities);
- mentoring (Middlesex University); and
- action learning sets.
Food and refreshments will be provided. The full agenda will be available shortly.
For more information and/or to register, please go to http://fdaprojectlaunch2012.eventbrite.co.uk.