Civil Service Pensions and Public Sector Pensions | The FDA Trade Union
A pension means security in retirement. That is why the FDA is dedicated to protecting and improving yours.
The FDA is committed to ensuring each and every one of its members receives a fair pension when they retire.
Whether you are a member of the current civil service Partnership or Alpha schemes, the former Classic, Classic Plus, Premium and Nuvos legacy schemes, or a completely different pension scheme, the FDA has the expert knowledge and bargaining power to help ensure your future economic security.
We help secure better pensions for FDA members by:
- Negotiating for better pensions across government, including reforms to the Civil Service Pension Scheme.
- Working with departments and other civil service employers to protect members’ pension benefits and improve the service My Civil Service Pension (MyCSP) provides.
- Solving individual members’ issues and ensuring our members receive the benefits they are entitled to and correct advice when planning for the future. We help members with their pension problems, from those caused by administrative error to those arising from early or ill health retirement. We also offer guidance on a range of pension subjects, including annual and lifetime allowances and pension tax relief.
- Providing members with a free consultation with an independent financial advisor, where they can discuss their pensions, via FDA Portfolio – our members discounts programme.
- Taking an active role in the governance of civil service pensions, with FDA representatives having seats on the Civil Service Pensions Board, the Civil Service Pension Scheme Advisory Board and the Joint Superannuation Committee with the Cabinet Office.
- Working with the TUC and public service unions to protect and improve the provision of public service pensions.
Please do not ask your FDA reps for personal financial advice. They can provide you with information about your pension and your options but they are not financial advisers. Your reps are not accredited to provide income tax or financial advice, and they are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to give advice.
McCloud Judgment and remedy
The FDA will continue to keep members updated on the government's plans for addressing the age discrimination as found in the McCloud Judgment. In the meantime, members can access our FAQs on the McCloud and Sargeant judgments, and on the Treasury's consultation on public sector pensions.